Friday 6 April 2012

When I fell in love--with design.

Back in high school, the year that Grey's Anatomy forced Snow Patrol onto the radio I fell for the band. At first it was simply their unique sound that enthralled me (Side story: my mom related them to The Cars), but when I picked up their Eyes Open CD for the first time I was sold on the design. It has been my goal and my dream to design something that I love as much as that and to print it on someone's CD.

The designer of this master piece, I've recently discovered, is Mat Maitland -- most commonly know for his work with Big Active design company.

While researching this mysterious genius (the only biographical material I could find is on Wikipedia and even that is fairly vague) I came across his portfolio of more recent creations. I thought I'd share some of my favourites (I still don't think they top Snow Patrol's cover though ;) ) -- enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment